This is an easy, light summer pasta that uses homemade ricotta or if you don't want to make ricotta, buy the best and freshest you can find. Cherry tomatoes are wonderful with this recipe, but you can use any other meaty tomatoes you choose.
- 400 grams penne rigate
- 450 grams (1 lb) cherry tomatoes
- 300 grams (1¼ cups) homemade ricotta
- 50 grams (½ cup) grated Parmigiano Reggiano or Grana Padano
- Fresh basil leaves (torn or julienned)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the penne rigate until al dente.
- Score the tops of the tomatoes and place in a sieve large enough to hold them all. Plunge the tomatoes into the boiling pasta water for 20 seconds.
- After 20 seconds, remove and peel the tomatoes, remove seeds and chop if using a larger tomato.
- Mix the ricotta and Parmigiano together.
- Drain the pasta and place in a sauté pan lightly drizzled with EVOO
- Add the ricotta mixture, the tomatoes and basil, season and toss.
- Serve immediately, garnish with parmigiano and drizzle with EVOO if desired.
Post a Comment