I wanted something rich and sweet today...Pouding Chomeur was the answer. This is an amazing self-saucing Quebec dessert. It's easy and you can make it in a flash - great for a week night dinner. Salut!
Pouding Chomeur avec Sauce aux Sirup d'Erable
Yield: 12 portions
½ cup unsalted butter, melted
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 ⅓ cups milk
1 ½ cups maple syrup
1 ½ cups brown sugar
1 ½ cups heavy cream (you can omit the cream and substitute water instead)
⅓ cup butter
Preheat oven to 325°F
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until light.
- Add eggs and vanilla while continuing to mix.
- In another bowl, sift together flour and baking powder.
- Add dry ingredients to the butter mixture, alternating with the milk, and mix well.
- Pour the batter in a greased 13' x 9' glass oven dish.
- In a medium saucepan bring the syrup, brown sugar, heavy cream and butter to a boil while stirring. Reduce the heat and let simmer for 2 minutes or until the sauce has slightly reduced.
- Let cool slightly and pour slowly over the batter.
- Bake for approximately 35 minutes or until the top of the pudding is golden and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- If you are entertaining, invert the cake onto a large serving platter.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
I used to riot over this dessert growing up.ReplyDelete
Too bad you're not close by...ReplyDelete